Award Ceremony E16 Competition
On April 1, 2022, the award ceremony of E16 with an exhibition of the winning projects will take place at the German Architecture Center Berlin (DAZ).
Course of events:
4.00 p.m.: Welcome
Michael Rudolph, Chairman of the Board Europan
4.15 p.m.: Key-notes to contextualize the topic and outlook for E17
"europ(e)an imaginaries," Dr. Saskia Hebert, subsolar* architektur & stadtforschung, Europan board of directors.
"Optimism or the ordering of things", Marika Schmidt, mrschmidt Architekten
5.00 p.m.: Presentation of the award winners and award ceremony, followed by a dialog about the works.
Talking about the works in dialogue:
- Ettlingen: Dr. Thorsten Erl, University of Siegen/ metris architekten + stadtplaner, Board Europan with Wassili Meyer-Buck, Head of the Planning Department of the City of Ettlingen
- Landshut: Josef Weber, ost 3 architekten und stadtplaner, Member of the Board of Europan with Johannes Doll, Head of the Building Department of the City of Landshut
- Schwäbisch Gmünd: Kyung-Ae Kim-Nalleweg, Kim Nalleweg Architekten with Julius Mihm, Mayor of the City of Schwäbisch Gmünd
- Selb: Melanie Humann, Technical University of Dresden / Urban Catalyst with Helmut Resch, head of the municipal building department of the city of Selb
- Wernigerode: Dr. Saskia Hebert, subsolar* architektur & stadtforschung, Board Europan with Christian Zeigermann, Managing Director Gebäude- und Wohnungsbaugesellschaft Wernigerode
7.30 p.m.: Closing with drinks and exhibition